thats right. but if you're paranoid enough after doing dd if=/dev/urandom
you can either check the drives using disks forensics available. you can
download one from the sourceforge website
http://pyflag.sourceforge.net/Documentation/tutorials/forensics.html just
for yourself to know that nothing is left on the disks.