On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:17:07PM +0200, Markus Markert wrote:
> i have now delete all blank lines. now my ldif file has 1217 lines. but when
> want to add the ldif file into the ldap database, this error will be thrown:
>
> slapadd: could not parse entry (line=1218)
>
> but it gives no line 1218

LDIF entries are seperated by one and only one new line. slapadd is very
picky about that whereas ldapadd is more sloppy (ldapadd also accepts
comments in the ldif file whereas slapadd doesn't). In other words it is
often not possible to dump a ldapsearch output into slapadd.

It seems that linux distributions add more patches to OpenLDAP than
OpenBSD.

--
:wq Claudio