From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
-f
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 7:52 AM
To: OpenBSD
Subject: Re: heal the world, and misc@ [strictly coffeetime reading]

hi there,

for those who did not delete another post w/this subject:

i am mostly impressed by the answers, positive, negative.
my little social experiment reaffirms the following:

it is not threads like i started which add too much noise
to the list.  it's the answers.  this thread contains
almost all of the archetypal answers one can get:
-the fuck off style
-i agree but why starting this
-i disagree but why starting this
-you are a troll
-long live anarchy
-stop this thread
-you are full of shit because you provided only your initials
-etc, etc.

very few of them actually add anything meaningful.
all these people could have flamed me offlist, because
they do precisely know how much the others are not interested
in it.  my very favourites are "stop this thread", adding
the most noise w/o any real meaning.

some other remarks:
-instead of nazis, terrorists are the next favourite target group
-there is always someone telling you "run a spelcheker, idiot" (probably
 never heard of dyslexics)

let me try again, because i love you all:

please, reread the thread about the gcc stuff.  before reading
it, forget that you are member of this list, that you know the
stuff you know about openbsd.  imagine a friend sent it to you
for amusement.  what would you think about this list in general?

i know i can't change people, and don't want to, that's why i do
NOT teach (spare me the "you always change people stuff", and go read
amok by stefan zweig), all of you who were kind enough to "enlighten"
me how pointless my post was, here is a surprise: it wasn't.  it shows
just how much everyone want to see his/her name in the list, even
when adding nothing to the thread.  could have told me offlist.

be polite, learn to ignore, or do the thing offlist.  that was my
message most of you missed.

anyway, i will now go back and do what i advised. i will answer
you offlist, or ignore you.  thank you for ignoring me.

-f
--
you will become rich and famous unless you don't.