Greg Mortensen wrote:

<snip>
The native drivers default to cHDLC, so no options are necessary. While fractional T1s don't work right now (it's my current issue with Sangoma), an all channel setup should. You may have to do an explicit "ifconfig san0 up" and wait a little while, though (Look for "Link connected!" in your syslog).
<snip>

My hostname.san0 looks like:

inet 64.208.26.234 255.255.255.252
dest 64.208.26.233

hostname.san1 is for my other T1 link - same configuration. I tried the above with and without the dest argument. I also tried ifconfig san0 up (same with san1) and all it got to was "Link connecting..." Unfortunately, I couldn't readily get a hold of anyone at my provider (Global Crossing) - alas, it was 12 am here - so I couldn't see if they were seeing the link come up or not. (BTW, I waited around 5 min. to see a Link Connected message but never got it. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough? That doesn't make sense, though.) (Also note, the firewall was set to pass all and pinging my side of the link did not work. It did not say "host down" it simply lost all packets. tcpdump didn't do me any good either - it only gave me numerical references that I didn't understand. Unfortunately, I was sick and getting pretty tired and had to leave after 2 hrs of trying. Next try I'm going to get complete dmesg, logs and anything else I can get my hands on...)

Any more ideas?