Johan P. Lindstrvm said:

hello ..

 I used openbsd a few times a few years back only recently
got into it again ..

>  The SCSI RAID issues with Adaptec
> - What alternatives have you tried, good and bad and the ugly

currently have 3 openbsd systems(all 3.7 as of tomorrow),
that are running this card:

INTEL ICP-VORTEX GDT8514RZ 128MB SCSI CTRL

with 4 10k RPM 36GB disks in raid 10, sofar works ok, had
to upgrade the firmware to keep it from hanging during the
bios POST. my vendor tells me at least in their experience
the ICP cards are the most stable under openbsd.

>  IRQ flooding on the NIC's
> - dc, em and sk seems to be the way to go, but what to for quad port
> cards? where to find one, brand names, model numbers, revisions

I posted a question on this topic(my reason for joining the list),
with the em driver. I get about 50% cpu usage servicing interrupts
(~480Mbps of throughput peak)

in any case these are the cards I have in my systems:
INTEL PWLA8492MT 2-PORT COPPER GIG CTRL
INTEL PWLA8494MT PRO/1000 MT Quad Port

both are PCI-X and seem to work alright.

> What I am looking for is HW mirroring of drives with hotswap for
> webservers and quadport nic's

I got my systems from www.asaservers.com (I just mail them for what
I want, rather than use the website). pretty good service and
prices, have ordered about 300 systems from them in the past few
months. mostly running redhat enterprise.  I don't have time to
get into hardware these days so I like being able to tell them
what I plan to use a system for and have them give  a reccomendation
then I can buy it and they can burn it in for me and send it. much
more flexible than HP which I used to buy from. any small shop
with openbsd experience should do fine though.

if you want a copy of the full specs of my openbsd systems mail
me off list and I'll try to get it for you(price is 6 months out
of date)

hope this helps

nate