Clint Pachl wrote:

Is there any issues I should consider before buying this modem? Will
it work with Open3.7? I know it works fine with Linux.

I highly doubt there will be any issues. The communication between the
switch (built-in to the modem) and your OpenBSD box uses the TCP/IP
protocol. The OS is not even an issue. Also, you will communicate with
the modem via the http protocol for config stuff. BTW, I do not own
and have never used this modem, so YMMV.

Does the modem support bridging?

Is there any issues I should consider before taking the connection
from the service prodiver? Any other technical details?

None serious enough to mention.

I really want my ADSL connection to work with Open3.7.

It will.

Does this guy even need a modem?
Don't you need a modem if you want to do ordinary 56k dialup?

(I know I should start a new thread with this, but here we go) Can't
an OpenBSD box handle a PPPoE/PPPoA connection directly? I recently
setup a VPN between two networks with DSL connections where the modems
make a PPPoA connection. An OpenBSD box resides behind each modem.
Basically, the modem gets an IP address dynamically, does the
authentication, and gets the block of static IPs, one of which the
OBSD box gets. So I was thinking, couldn't the OBSD box theoretically
make the connection and eliminate the modem all together?

If your adsl modem supports bridging, you may most likely be able to run pppoe directly from OpenBSD. Telstra Internet Direct works really well. Here's the ppp.conf entry

pppoe:
set device "!/usr/sbin/pppoe -i <your external interface>"
set mtu max 1492
set mru max 1492
set speed sync
disable acfcomp protocomp
deny acfcomp
set authname "<your username>"
set authkey "<your secret>"
set ifaddr <your permanent IP> <your default gateway>
add! default HISADDR

The modem's a d-link 504g. Nothing exiting. But it bridges and I do everything else on my obsd box

Regards,
Clint Pachl