Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll invest in a device that will link all the serial consoles
together with network access.

On 6/14/05, Diana Eichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I re-read what you posted, you will only be able to see console output
> from RLX blades on the serial port.  RLX did some linux mumbo-jumbo magic
> to redirect to the rlxconsole, which they never open sourced, though I
> tried real hard to get them to do so.  Now that they are out of the blade
> server market I bet they could care less whether you can get it to work.
> I lost all faith in them after I visited their booth at SC2004 last
> Novemeber, then they announced they were shutting down their blade server
> line the following week.

I agree. These RLXs are a PIS.

> I use serial console servers to talk to the serial ports on my RLX blade
> servers.
>
> Also, I managed to locate the HD boot code that supports set tty & set
> ktty, but I believe the pxeboot loader is on the Linux system blade that I
> pulled from the chassis after I brought up all the blades on OpenBSD.

That's ok. OpenBSD's pxeboot works. It was just the kernel not writing
to the rlxconsole that was confusing me, especially thinking that
linux did without a rlx mod.

Btw, I posted before without much advice, but what do you do for a
raid solution on your rlxs?