Hi all,
I recently moved a web server in my domain to OpenBSD 3.7. Out of
curiosity I looked it up at netcraft. While they correctly identified
the web server software, the OS was listed as "unkown".

Not that I really care about this, but I'm curious as to what prevented
them from fingerprinting the OS. I notice that some sites are being
recognised as running OpenBSD, hence it can't be altogether impossible.

I wonder whether my firewall, which was also changed to OpenBSD/pf
recently, is interfering. I'm using "scrub in all" as well as "synproxy
state" on the inbound pass rules. Could that be defeating netcraft's
fingerprinting attempts?

Cheers
Steffen.