Ray Percival wrote:
> Trying to track -stable according to the FAQ I'm doing the following.
>
> setenv [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs #Which seems to take and
> the following cvs commands work and the fingerprints match.
>
> Then
>
> cvs up -rOPENBSD_3_7  -Pd
> ? archivers/w-cabextract-1.1
> ? archivers/w-unzip-5.51
> ? archivers/w-faad-2.0p1
> ? archivers/w-id3lib-3.8.3
> ? archivers/w-lame-3.96.1
> ? archivers/w-liba52-0.7.4p0
> ? archivers/w-libid3tag-0.15.1b
> ? archivers/w-libmad-0.15.1b
> ? archivers/w-libmikmod-3.1.10p3
> ? archivers/w-libogg-1.1.2
> ? archivers/w-libvorbis-1.1.0p0
> ? archivers/w-xmms-1.2.10p0
> ? archivers/w-db-4.2.52p2
> ? archivers/w-gdbm-1.8.3
> ? archivers/w-autoconf-2.13p0
> ? archivers/w-autoconf-2.57
> ? archivers/w-autoconf-2.59
> ? archivers/w-automake-1.4-p6p2
> ? archivers/w-fribidi-0.10.4
> ? archivers/w-gmake-3.80p0
> ? archivers/w-gmp-4.1.4
> ? archivers/w-help2man-1.29
> ? archivers/w-libdvdread-0.9.4
> ? archivers/w-libtool-1.5.10p2
> ? archivers/w-metaauto-0.4
> ? archivers/w-nasm-0.98.38
> ? archivers/w-pkgconfig-0.15.0
> ? archivers/w-sdl-1.2.7p1-sun
> ? archivers/w-ffmpeg-20050130p0
> ? archivers/w-libmpeg2-0.4.0b
> ? archivers/w-python-2.3.5
> ? archivers/w-tcl-8.4.7p1
> ? archivers/w-libdvdnav-0.1.9
> ? archivers/w-BitTorrent-3.4.2
> ? archivers/w-wget-1.8.2
> ? archivers/w-upsd-2.0
> ? archivers/w-aspell-0.50.5p1
> ? archivers/w-expat-1.95.6
> ? archivers/w-texi2html-1.64
> ? archivers/obconf
> ? archivers/w-msttcorefonts-1.2
> ? archivers/w-tk-8.4.7
> ? archivers/w-vlc-0.8.1p1
> ? archivers/w-wxWidgets-gtk-2.4.2p0-gtk2
> ? archivers/w-wxWidgets-headers-2.4.2p0
> cannot create_adm_p /tmp/anoncvs.cMrHUf9372/cvs-serv15237/archivers
> No such file or directory
>
> in /usr/ports
>
> and in /usr/src (Which has been populated from the CD)
>
> cvs up -rOPENBSD_3_7 -Pd
> cannot create_adm_p /tmp/anoncvs.UAKvF11238/cvs-serv31158/bin
> No such file or directory
>
> I think I'm doing everything right. And can't find any steps that I'm missing
> inThe how-to. So what am I doing wrong, please.

The ? files are files/directories which are in your tree, but not in the
CVS repository.  Apparently, you are fond of building stuff from source
rather than using packages. :) (hmm...some of that stuff looks like it
is in the wrong place.  you might have Other Problems there)

The error message is, unfortunately, very vague.  CVS is kinda bizzare
-- you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out why it can't create
something in your /tmp directory, only to find out it was complaining
about a problem on the SERVER end.

So...first of all, check to make sure your /tmp directory is writable,
make sure you have plenty of free space (note how I carefully dodged the
any numbers that define "plenty" -- but 20M would probably do it).  If
that doesn't do it, try a different repository.  Or try today, the
problem may be long-since resolved.

Nick.