> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> Of course the most frustrating aspect of all this is that neither side
>>> is very informative as to what is going on.
>
> OK I have no clue how this happened but the mount seems to be working
> now. And not only that it's working with the original set of NFS options
> I used. Only difference was that I rebooted the OBSD machine. But
> strangely it wasn't the first time I rebooted the machine.
>
> Anyway thanks to all for the investigative suggestions.
>
> I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get to the VPN setup in some
> not too distant future ;-)

Just be warned:
If the NFS-Server crashs or reboots and you try to umount the nfs from the
OpenBSD-Box your BSD will risk a Kernel-Panic and data-loss.

I crashed my AMD64 and my Notebook (and some i386 Hardware wich is not my)
this way (and it's reproduceable). :-)

But if you don't do a umount of e.g. /mnt/nfs after the NFS-Server
crashed/powered_off you wont have any trouble.
And if you don't do a `cd /mnt/nfs` after the NFS-Server crashed/powered
off you don't even lose your TTY! ;-)

But "if" you do it you risk again a Kernel-Panic and lose the TTY you're
logged in and "halt -p" should drop you into the ddb-Console where you can
play "hangman".... :-)

Kind regards,
Sebastian