At 09:40 PM 6/24/2005, Uwe Dippel wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:03:31 -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:

> I too have this same problem.
>
> Fresh install...no custom anything...just trying to add modules to
> perl, and anything tried fails 100% no matter which source I use
> (even perl.org).
>
> Whats going on? - anyone have any further insight on this?

Promise and curse of the base install. I wished I simply could wipe perl
and install it from scratch; but since it does belong to the base, I
wouldn't know how.
I have of course removed the .perl stuff, but that's not everything. Some
config is written in /usr/libdata respectively /usr/local at your initial
call of cpan, respectively the o conf init.

Uwe

for the record, I rather tried this. I built a NEW version of perl from src and used all different locations. When I tried to run MCPAN on this version, it fails the exact same way. So I wouldnt waste any time trying that :)

--
J.D. Bronson
Information Services - Telecom