On 6/26/05, Otto Moerbeek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Ted Unangst wrote:
>
> > you changed a default and found a bug. less than 1% of users ever use
> -m.
> > there's really no good reason to use -m 1, and several reasons not to
> (not
> > least of which is it apparently doesn't work). leave it alone and use
> the
> > default; you will be happier.

Umm, I know for the kernel, we're supposed to use GENERIC if we want to
report a bug, but I did not realize that this carries through to the
userspace as well.

The only reason I reported it is because I it was a bug I've never seen
before, and I figured you guys might be interested.

Sound advice.

> But in addition to that, I noticed you have disk offsets starting at
> zero. On various patforms this is a problem, because you did not run
> fdisk. Check http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#blankfdisk. Please
> include platform info (dmesg) next time.

Ah, it's ok, I'm not booting from it. Would have posted dmesg, but I figured
it wasn't necessary. If this is not a known bug, and if there's any interest
in a dmesg at all, I'll post it. Thanx.

-Tai