On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 00:52 +0200, Rogier Krieger wrote:
> I've given up hope on the ethernet chip ever
> getting supported as well as the S-ATA controller on board. In both
> cases, I blame nVidia.

/*
 * forcedeth: Ethernet driver for NVIDIA nForce media access controllers.
 *
 * Note: This driver is a cleanroom reimplementation based on reverse
 *      engineered documentation written by Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
 *      and Andrew de Quincey. It's neither supported nor endorsed
 *      by NVIDIA Corp. Use at your own risk.

Do you reckon this documentation could also be used to write a *BSD
driver?

> If you intend to only ever use Windows, I suppose nVidia's fine; if
> not, I heartily recommend other manufacturers. Why limit your options?

Well, it's about *not* limiting options. And this one is a particularly
attractive option (from the hardware price/performance point of view).

Cheers
Steffen.