On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 09:53:24PM +0200, Nico Meijer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > > Probably supported by re(4), send a dmesg.
> >
> > They don't handle jumbo frames quite as well as sk, though...
>
> The EG1032 have served me perfectly so far, but I'm not going to switch
> to a RealTek chipset.
>
> How decent is the vge(4) compared to the sk chipset? Anyone care to
> comment on that?
>
> Thanks... Nico

For a "low end" targetted chipset vge(4) is actually pretty damn good.
It can do up to 16k Jumbos and has TCP/IP checksum offload which actually
seems to work without any issues. The RealTek chipset (re(4)) cannot do
a full standard sized Jumbo frame (9k) but only 7440 bytes instead,
quite lame, and TX checksum offload seems to have issues with some revs
of the chipset.