On 7/3/05, Bruno Delbono <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just because some happens to use a different kernel doesn't
> automatically mean that they do not know anything. Follow this thread
> and see why the OP did what he did.

Typically, people do not need to run anything other than GENERIC.

Unless I'm missing messages, the OP describs a problem in relation
with SMP. He in turn receives various requests for a dmesg, first
providing a non-SMP and then a dmesg for a -- seemingly -- non-GENERIC
SMP kernel.

I don't see much reason to using a non-GENERIC kernel in those
messages, but feel free to enlighten me.

> As for a custom kernel, if you're using the current release of 3.7, you
> would still need to recompile the kernel for
> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/3.7/common/002_getsockopt.patch

As custom refers to a non-GENERIC kernel, that has little to do with
having to patch a system and subsequently compiling GENERIC again.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.