J.D. Bronson wrote:

At 02:57 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:

On 7/5/05, J.D. Bronson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am wondering if there is anyone using this that can tell me if
> there is a way to have 'lqr' supported -or- some other way of knowing
> if/when the link goes down?
>
> Last time I tried this - it worked fine, but if the link went down it
> never 'redialed' back to the PPPoE provider....
>
> Using userland pppoe - this is never an issue.
>
> thanks!

I heard about ten times it was fixed in -current. Stop asking it dammit.

Now there's a decent reply. Lets see...this was my FIRST real in-kernel question....I dont seem to recall asking this before.

Alot of us CAN'T follow -current. I can't...Thats why i asked about 3.7.

Now, can someone out there (that uses 3.7-stable) with more than a peanut for a brain possibly help me?

I thought I asked nicely and it was a legit question.

Perhaps someone on the list is using this and knows. Otherwise, I can continue to use 3.7 with userland pppoe just fine.

Jeff

It is a fair question, so I'll note the following:
1.  If someone replies to you off-list, respect that.
2. Kernel PPPoE is still quite young. If it isn't in the manpage, odds are it either isn't there, isn't stable, or breaks horribly when you look at it funny. 3. That said, any time my link has gone down, it's come back up quite nicely for me, using nothing but the config laid out in the manpage. Of course, I don't use/need LQR, so YMMV.

Perhaps if you posted more meaningful info (http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html), someone could give you a more useful answer.