Adam Fabian wrote:
> I've tried building an OpenBSD release from the 3.7-stable branch a
> few times in the last few days, on two different i386 machines, and
> both stopped in the same place.

--8<--

> dd if=bsd.gz of=/mnt/bsd bs=512
>
> /mnt: write failed, file system is full
> dd: /mnt/bsd: No space left on device

--8<--

> # uname -a
> OpenBSD noc.hillconet.net 3.7 GENERIC#0 i386
>
> (I was running the 3.7-stable GENERIC kernel both times I tried.  The
> userland, etc. builds and installs, too, just can't make the release.)
>
> Here's a complete dmesg from one of the machines that it failed to build
> on: (the other is pretty similar, and I believe both failures were
> identical, though I didn't save the last log, because I figured I
> probably did something wrong):
>
> OpenBSD 3.7-stable (GENERIC) #0: Sun Jul 10 14:53:01 CDT 2005
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> cpu0: Intel Celeron ("GenuineIntel" 686-class, 128KB L2 cache) 468 MHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXS
> real mem  = 199794688 (195112K)
> avail mem = 175558656 (171444K)

This is really something for the archives. A problem description with
really good info, and a dmesg too, even though it actually wasn't
needed. Newbies, see how this guy did *not* get flamed for including
both relevant, and irrelevant info and got his problem solved really quick.

If one could only get coming generations to see this problem report too...

--
Janne Johansson
Sektionen fvr IT & Media, Stockholms Universitet