On 7/12/2005, "Mats O Jansson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Edd Barrett wrote:

>> While we are on the subject of keyboards, why is it that shift-3 in uk

>> keymap sends a hash-enter instead of a pound sign.

>Well my 3.7-current gives a sterling sign as expected in console.

>Hash sign is hex 0x23 and sterling is 0xa3. Could it be your shell

>that doesn't know how to handle 8-bit characters?

>I'm using ksh and has a .kshrc that contains "set +o emacs-usemeta".

>-moj

>> Edd

>--

>This email has been verified as Virus free

>Virus Protection and more available at http://www.plus.net

Hi,

First of all the strange line spacing is done by my webmail client (which

I'm not happy with atall). I am changing it over soon. Until then I can

only apologise. Sorry...

I shall try hannahs od-c suggestion. I am also going to try a differnt

shell. At the moment I'm using bash-static from the cdrom (3.7). If it

is the shell then it's not a huge problem as I can quite easily live

with ksh.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edd