* sean conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-19 01:33]:
> G'Day,
>       Is there a way to reduce the interval NTPD polls for time updates?
>       I have installed 3.7 and have determined NTPD is contacting the time
>       server approx. 30sec.

ntpd scales the quey interval down itself based on the offset.

>  My normal configuration in 3.4 was to configure
> /etc/ntpd.conf with 5 time servers and turn NTPD loose. If I do that now
> the server has port 123 connections open all the time.

it does not have connections open all the time; ntp uses udp and that
is connectionless anyway. it odes have sockets open all the time, that
is the way things work.

--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...