* Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-21 09:21]:
> Alternately, if you really do need router throughput at or above 1000Mbps,
> you might want to consider a purpose-built gigabit router from Cisco :)

why would you want to deal with such crap? geez.

> > I was contemplating a
> > Quad gigabit card and a 100MB Quad card (to keep the price down).  I've
> > got a budget of $3000 US to build this thing.  I was thinking the Intel
> > Pro 1000 Quad cards, but thats pretty pricy considering I have to
> > aquire the hardware also.

sk(4), way better than em and cheaper too. I dunno wether there are
4ports tho.

as somebody else noticed already, using a VLAN-capable switch and
hanging the OpenBSD machine off a tagged port might make sense.

--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...