On Thursday 28 July 2005 16:44, Marcelo de Souza wrote:
>   Hi there,
>
>   Can anybody point me any technical documentation that compares
> OpenBSD vs FreeBSD in terms of network performance?
>
>   Or, what would be a good method for tests regarding this subject?
> And what about the appropriate tools?
>
>   Thank you in advance.

Only you can do this.  Your hardware, the speed of the CPU, what kind
of network card, etc are determining factors which will influence things
very much.  Since others on the list likely do not have your hardware,
their experiences will be different.

As for tools for timings, the simplest test is FTP.  TTCP in the ports tree
might be reasonable too.  But again, your applications are really what
you are interested in, so use them to test.

Only you can make the final determination.

--STeve Andre'