> Have anyone bought any servers from a Tier-1 (ibm, hp, dell[1]) recently
> that is opteron based, that works fine with openbsd?

        The IBM's I bought are all 325's, I will have a 326 shortly.

> Additionally, any success with hardware raid? I realize you can use
> non-onboard PCI cards, but how easy was it cabling those things to the hard
> drives in the 1U cases?

        You don't cable it to the drive in the 1U case (although it
actually wouldn't be hard. I'm cabling them to an external JBOD with
14 drives in it.

        I don't know of anyone's tier1 opteron server with an embedded raid
card that is worth a shit. ATM I'd say run i386 with a dell 1750 or 1850
and the scsi raid that comes with it if you must have decent raid all
in a 1U case. It's not amd64 tho.

> -Tai
> [1] I've heard that dell will OEM opteron boxes if you _must_ have them.

        I've never successfully gotten them to.

        -Bob