I have used machines of the category of a pentium 100 before
for such tasks, so there is no reason why a soekris would not
work for that. (NIS and kerberos)

        However, given the cost difference between the soekris hardware
and something slithgly more beefy, like a comell or nexcomm box, or, for
that matter, a decent little 1U like a dell 750, why are you so
insistant on throwing everything on a little soekris box? Is it
that important to you to save 300 dollars on the machine? the soekris
is slow, and designed as a small router.

        It's kind of like saying "will sphagnum moss make acceptable
toilet paper" from experience, yes it will, however, you will frequently
be more comfortable going slightly less minimalist.

        -Bob

* Gustavo Rios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-08-04 22:15]:

--
Bob Beck                                   Computing and Network Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           University of Alberta