On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 20:44 +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> We've been talking TCP here, one can only hope that the applications
> using UDP have some sort of equivalent throttling mechanism.
> Even if not, most of my traffic is TCP.

It's up to each application using UDP whether or not they have a
throttling mechanism. As an example, I'm pretty sure Armagetron does not
have one as such, it just sends updates and the client handles any
significant amount of packet loss very ungracefully.

Other things like DNS resolution won't have a throttling mechanism
because they don't need one.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>