Matthias Kilian wrote:
> Just FYI:
>
> recently there were some discussion wether an installation on i386
> hardware with 16 MB or less would be possible (and usable) or not.
> Beeing curious, I just made a release(8) (without X11), and gave
> it a try with qemu.
>
> Result: you can do a complete install with 12MB RAM, but for running
> and *using* the installed system (with sshd and ntpd enabled), you
> need 16 MB.  [In theory 13 MB are enough, but then the system starts
> trashing as soon as a ksh(1) a top(1) are running.]
>
> Ciao,
>       Kili

As part of that discussion, I was speculating that there is probably a
difference between the requirements of floppy37.fs vs. cdrom37.fs vs.
cd37.iso.  Which did you use on your test?  Also..was that -current or
3.7-release/-stable?

Thanks for doing that test, as I have been sadly deficient on testing
that recently...

Nick.