From: "Anon Y. Mous" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi:

 Has anyone involved with OpenBSD development
attempted to negotiate a license with Sun for a Java
binaries usage agreement, (e.g., FreeBSD/Sun
agreement)?

As stated several times in this thread, the type of license
that FreeBSD has with Sun goes against the projects goals.
We will not be distributing jdk binary packages without a
policy change from Sun. We do however have ports of Sun's
jdk's that work and people can build their own packages
rather easily. look in /usr/ports/devel/jdk.

"The FreeBSD Foundation has negotiated a license with
Sun Microsystems to distribute FreeBSD binaries for
the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java
Development Kit (JDK)."

-minsai0000
http://mail.yahoo.com