when I start X manually: just 'xdm' or 'startx'
everything is ok. If I change xdm_flags to ""
it starts X on boot but consoles are blinking
with different patterns and colors :) nice feature...
Nevertheless I can blindly login. Even if I kill xdm
console still does not get sane.

Are there any differencies between starting xdm
on boot with "" arguments and manually? Any actions
beforehand?

Best regards,
Vlad.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs