Before try the solution of Nick I tried what you said:

> - There is a typo in one of the nameserver ip's posted here.
> 194.22_5_.52.4 does not exist.

Yes correct, are
194.224.52.6 and 194.224.52.4

> --8<--
> nameserver 194.224.52.4
> nameserver 192.94.163.152
> --8<--
> Please try to do a nslookup www.google.com. Does it work?

Doesn t work

> If it doesn't, first make sure your router is up and then try with any
> of the IPs above:
> $ nslookup
>>server IP
>
> www.google.com
 Doesn t work.

Really I don t understand what s happenning

Salutes,
Mike

Tobias Ulmer escribis:
Hmmm.... imho the dns problem should be solved before routing :)

- Mikes internet connection is up and running. He confirmed he can
traceroute one of googles ips from the openbsd box.

- There is a typo in one of the nameserver ip's posted here.
194.22_5_.52.4 does not exist.

- These are the nameservers of telefonica gathered per dig, their ips
and the result of a www.google.com lookup:

esifw3.tsai.es 194.224.52.26 OK
artemis.ttd.net 213.0.184.69 *** Can't find www.google.com: No answer
cpi-telefonica.telefonica.es 194.179.42.12 OK
ineco.nic.es 194.69.254.2 *** Can't find www.google.com: No answer
Mikes second: esifw1.tsai.es 194.224.52.4 OK
Mikes first: esifw2.tsai.es 194.224.52.6 ;; connection timed out; no
servers could be reached

I can't really test what is going on and I'm not inside the telefonica
network, but Mikes first nameserver seems to be firewalled (as nmap
tells) and does not always respond.

Mike can you please edit your /etc/resolv.conf that it looks like this:

--8<--
nameserver 194.224.52.4
nameserver 192.94.163.152
--8<--

The second nameserver is an open nameserver in Barcelona witch works for me.

Please try to do a nslookup www.google.com. Does it work?

If it doesn't, first make sure your router is up and then try with any
of the IPs above:

$ nslookup

server IP

www.google.com

If you find a working one put it in your resolv.conf and try
nslookup www.google.com again until it works :)

Tobias