On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:57 pm, Edd Barrett wrote:

> See this is why I asked here, I know that FFS is close friends with
> UFS, but I wasnt sure. So you reckon I can use native solaris FS and
> mount in OBSD?

"close friends" <> compatible. Sun's current UFS was originally based on
Berkeley's FFS, but has been modified quite a bit in the last 20+ years.

Rsync over ssh would work if you have a net connection between the two, and it
would save on shipping costs.  If you are required to use something that both
Solaris and OpenBSD can read then you are likely stuck with vfat or some type
of standard removeable media (DVD burner?).

Tim Donahue