On Thursday 18 of August 2005 20:12, Nick Holland wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 04:02:21PM +0000, Scott Plumlee wrote:
> > Nick Holland wrote:

<snip>

> and if you could find a REASON you absolutely had to login as root from
> a multi-user system, you could always do a "sudo su -" which will take
> you to root directly.  I've done this, but never had reason that I *had*
> to do it.

Actually, I had to log in as root a few times, to build some of the ports.
Well, maybe not _HAD_ to, but i didn't really know how to otherwise allow
user to use more RAM just for the build. (the culprits were java and,
surprisingly, centericq-4.20). And yes, the build bailed out when done with
sudo too.

viq

Dla kobiet i nie tylko! ;-) >>> http://link.interia.pl/f18aa