On 20/08/05, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2005/08/20 14:20:13, Adam Gleave wrote:
> >
> > I'm really running on PPPoA, but it is converted by the modem from
> > PPPoE to PPPoA.
>
> That's unlikely, there's a guide on the web which says that this
> is what happens, but actually it's just running as a bridge and using
> PPPoE to BT (which BT say they have supported for some years now, but
> might not work everywhere and with every ISP, and isn't widely known-
> about or used, so is more likely to be flaky).

Ok, but I don't think PPPoE itself is the problem in this case.

> Given that there's a number of UK ISPs that will do at least a /30 for
> no extra charge, you might find it easier to use the router as a straight
> (PPPoA) router, and give the OpenBSD box the next address along...

The router doesn't support PPPoA, it supports PPPoE. The router goes
through a PPPoA modem, the same setup as I'm planning on having with
the OpenBSD box.

Besides, it doesn't support IPv6.

--
Adam Gleave
[ OpenBSD 3.7-stable (GENERIC) #1: Sat Jul 23 08:28:45 GMT 2005 ]