Greg Petras wrote:
I've read a few recent posts in the archive about this controller. I'm
wondering what the status of this driver is? I noticed on the
supported hardware list that it is supported, but the manpage for ciss
looks like it's saying it won't be supported until 3.8. Is anyone
actively using the driver in -current? Does it work? Does anyone have
tips for getting it working on a DL 360?

Thanks,

Greg

I have installed -current on several systems with 5i, 53xx and 6xxx controllers. I have not installed on a system with a 6i controller. I have not had any problems other than seeing 'ciss0: cmd_stat 2 scsi_stat 0x0' errors somewhat regularly. I have been running it on both x86 and amd64. I have not done any performance testing of the driver, but casual observation shows the driver performing well.

I have been booting from the cd38.iso and installing without any issues.

Thanks to mickey@ for writing the driver. It allows me to run on many more systems...

mark