From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christian Gut
Sent: den 31 augusti 2005 14:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: CARP/PFSYNC

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > If the
> machine fails all is well [ ;) ] and the traffic is routed over the
> other machine, however if only one interface fails, CARP notices this
> and the interface is moved to the otehr machien, however this still
> means that either ext_if or int_if is still leftt on the machine with
> one failked card. This of course mucks up the routing! So my question
> is, how do I best handle this?

CARP does this. From the manpage:

net.inet.carp.preempt:
Allow virtual hosts to preempt each other. It is also used to failover
carp interfaces as a group.  When the option is enabled and one of the
carp enabled physical interfaces goes down, advskew is changed to 240 on
all carp interfaces.  See also the first example. Disabled by default.

> My solution is that I have now started coding a small daemon that will
> down the other interface automatically should one fail.

That would be ifstated in the tree (not built by default)