The problem with the unichrome is that stock xorg identifies it (correctly)
as a via, but it does not support it's specific chipset. The
unichrome.sf.net <http://unichrome.sf.net> project has patches for XF86 and
Xorg that fix this, but you will have to recompile xorg for it to work. It
should work, but you won't have any hardware acceleration, as that relies on
a drm linux kernel module. However, I haven't tried it with obsd, YMMV. You
may have a tough time getting support from the unichrome guys, or the obsd X
maintainer, but I do not speak for them. I'd attempt it on my laptop
(averatec 3200), but due to other hardware problems, it's currently out of
condition.

Never hurts to try though. ;)

--
Abe Al-Saleh
And then came the Apocolypse. It actually wasn't that