Hello!

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 09:30:51AM +0200, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
>[...]

>Thank you very much to all for your responses. I seems that It is a good
>time to learn the C++ thing. Some time ago with no too much free time, I
>tried it with no luck. I found object oriented programming very strange.

I found "upgrading" much of my C... programming to C++ instead of C
proper quite worthwhile. A good thing is, C++ doesn't force you into
full OO as much as Java, Eiffel, or similar.

You can use C++ as slightly enhanced C (even though some C++ people
might cringe at that idea), you can use it to do OO stuff, you can
do some generic programming, and you can combine things as they feel
fit. Some problem domains fit OO better than others, so you always can
make a different choice.

>Anyway, It seems that if I want to make NEC compile under OpenBSD, I
>will have to do some hard work ;-) I think it will be a good and
>interesting programming experience.

Of course you could also suggest changes (patches) to OpenBSD to
support enough of C99 to make that NEC thing compile with less changes
to that.

Though, I find it quite premature, on the side of software authors, to
except C99 support with no fallback.

>[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.