To echo the other replies, I highly suggest OpenVPN as well.

Both isakmpd and openvpn recommend using digital certs to control
access.

Openvpn also has the "auth-user-pass-verify" switch which calls a
script/app to do additional authentication.  Think poor-man's 2-phase
authentication: have digital cert, know network authentication
credentials.

Furthermore, you can configure openvpn to dish out a static IP depending
on the CN on the digital cert.

-rpuckett