Thanks to all who replied. After seeing that my fellow OpenBSDers had no
problem with installing sa-learn through ports, I decided to go back and
re-run the install. This time, package Net-DNS-0.47.tar.gz was downloaded and
installed and that solved the problem. Not sure why it wasn't retrieved the
first time - maybe the server was down. Anyway, this time it worked as
advertised.

> Now just a simple question :
> Did you run a locate database update after installing SpamAssassin ?...
> locate's not find.
> #/usr/libexec/locate.updatedb &

Yes, I did, but thanks for mentioning it.

> Try with "whereis sa-learn". When you're looking for a binary, whereis
> is a nice choice (it doesn't rely on databases that must be updates like
> locate does).

Also a good reminder - again, thanks.

cheers,
Robert