On 19/09/05, Damien Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andreas Kahari wrote:
> > (the WINCH signal is delivered when the terminal window changes size)
>
> SIGWINCH is ignored by default, otherwise your sleep(1) would exit if
> you changed the size of your xterm. See signal(3) for the full list.

Ok, so sleep(1) is explicitly ignoring the signal.  Can I get it be
interrupted by the signal instead?  No, maybe that won't solve my
problem because the installed handler ('eval $(resize)') wouldn't be
run, I guess.

> So it is doing the right thing wrt your quote of SUSv3:

Yes, that's probably right.  I'll work around it somehow.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Kahari