Mariano Benedettini wrote:
> I wrote last week, about some problems I've experienced with 3.7 GENERIC.MP
> on a PowerEdge 1850 dual Xeon [1].
> Some people suggested to try a 3.8 snapshot, and that's what I did.
> The system runs fine, but is there any way to make it work with 3.7
> GENERIC.MP ?

Of course there is!  Push all the things that changed in 3.8 to 3.7.
You will then end up with...a poorly done 3.8!  Wow!  :)

Slightly more seriously, no.  The OpenBSD project is about moving
forward, not adding features to previous versions.  3.7 may have bugs
fixed, but will not be receiving new features, support new hardware, etc.

Just run 3.8.  It works.  Obviously, you weren't running 3.7 on this
machine.  There is no reason not to keep running what you have now, and
bump to 3.8-release when it ships.

Nick.

> Here's the full dmesg:
>
> OpenBSD 3.8 (GENERIC.MP) #298: Sat Sep 10 15:51:54 MDT 2005
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
thanks! :)