Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> That's why you should always use the latest snapshot. (:

I'm not sure it would have helped here.  mountd() did work for many
people so it probably would have found its way into a snapshot.

One of the other OS distributions I'm testing is relatively
source-code hostile.  (While the source code does exist, building the
whole distribution from source in one go is impossible.)  One might be
tempted to think this leads to better, more consistent testing since
everyone is running the exact same binary.  That hasn't been my
experience.  All it seems to do is slow down the
modify-build-test-release cycle. On that system xorg has been broken
and panics the kernel for 4 days now.  The problem has since been
found and it turns out that was also a case of code that worked for
the limited testers they had.

In contrast, Otto zeroed in on the problem in minutes.

-wolfgang