On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 02:05:31PM -0600, Tom Geman wrote:
> I was hoping someone here could answer a few questions.
> Can I install OpenBSD on this PV 220, or is it just a bunch of disks with
> no processor?

This question is very ambiguous.  You can't install OpenBSD on the PV220S
itself however you can install OpenBSD on a machine that uses the PV220S as its
disk storage device.  To add more confusion the box does have a SCSI processor
device thats supported by ses(4).

> If so, does that mean I need another computer to install OpenBSD on, that
> will use the PV 220 as it's storage?

Yes.

> Can this be any computer (what requirements, any recommended brands), or does
> it have to be this Dell PowerVault 745N (which seems to come pre-install with
> some Windows Storage Server OS)?

It can be virtually any computer.  Beck@ uses IBM amd64 boxes for this with a
Dell PERC4 HBA.  Some examples of well supported HBAs are PERC3/4, ahc/ahd and
mpt.

The 745N is a NAS box; don't get that.