On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:57:40 +0100
Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake:

> --On 29 September 2005 10:23 -0400, Bill wrote:
>
> > Phooey on them.  I was not aware that DHCP servers sent out any sort
> > of advertisement or signal to override other equiptment.
>
> dhcpd.conf(5) option "authoritative" /might/ have some bearing.

Okay, I have to take back my previous statement about
overriding (forgot about the authoritative) I do not think it affects
what is going on in this case. At least I think...

The thing is that the authoritative sets the response to requests for
bad addresses.  There should be no addresses being requested at all!
Even if one did, the addresses the airport gives out are valid based on
the subnet defined in DHCP for that network, but outside of the range
assigned.

But, you do got me on authortative being a signal out... :)

Thanks

Bill