On 10/2/05, Marc Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bachman Kharazmi wrote:

> >>have you the consol to the serial port in boot.conf?  See boot.conf(8)
> >>for details, the file must be on you tftp server under etc/.
> >
> > It's a thin desktop (compaq evo t20) without any com-port. It has four
> > usb ports,nic, vga,ac and sound.
> >
> > maybe that's why it's freezing... would it help to build a kernel
> > without com-port support?
>
> Ok.  Boot bsd.rd, if you boot bsd, you must provide a complete root
> filesystem on nfs environment.  Essentially you have to use rarpd,
> bootcnfigd and nfsd.  See the respective manual pages and read diskless(8).

I already have diskless working out of the box with obsd as
term-server and a generic PC as term. but this thin diskless
workstation is something I've borrow from school because they are
unused and I would like it to boot with bsd kernel.

As described in my first post I've already tested with bsd.rd from
3.7/3.8 dir on the mirrors.

What really confuses me is that it's freezing,
>>OpenBSD/i386 PXEBOOT 1.02
booting tftp:/bsd 4807268-
right here.

I tried a linux kernel and it did boot the kernel at least.
I might be missing something for the Geode GX1 in my GENERIC kernel?

/bkw

--
BKW - Bachman Kharazmi

--