OpenBSD Admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I went  and bought a netgear WG311 PCI 54g (Wg311GE) card the other
> day to put in my firewall. I intended to use this is as an access
> point for a WLAN. This card is listed in the support hardware section
> on the openbsd website under i386 but not amd64.

Well, from the dmesg

> "Texas Instruments ACX111" rev 0x00 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 not
> configured

it looks like netgear changed chipsets without telling anybody about it.
I had a similar experience with a of D-Link card.  D-Link have several
ath based cards, among them DWL-G520.  On the other hand the DWL-G520+
is based on TI ACX111, which for some reason TI does not want to release
documentation for.  As a consequence, support for ACX111 cards on free
operating systems is almost non-existent.  On Linux and FreeBSD you
might be able to use an ndis loader workaround (loading the Windows
binary via a wrapper), but for very understandable reasons OpenBSD does
not support this.

Take a look at http://customerproducts.atheros.com/customerproducts (as
mentioned in the ath man page) and see if you can have the dealer agree
to have the card exchanged for a supported one.