Quoth [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>These cards don't seem to be ath anymore.
>
>The relevant bits from my dmesg.
>
>rl0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "D-Link Systems
>530TX+" rev 0x10: irq 11 address 00:11:95:24:6a:0d
>rlphy0 at rl0 phy 0: RTL internal phy
>rl1 at pci1 dev 1 function 0 "D-Link Systems
>530TX+" rev 0x10: irq 5 address 00:11:95:24:6a:0c
>rlphy1 at rl1 phy 0: RTL internal phy
>vendor "Marvell", unknown product 0x1faa (class
>network subclass ethernet, rev 0x03) at pci1 dev 2
>function 0 not configured
>
>Thought you all might like to know. Thrice cursed
>vendors. Lucky for me it was an incredibly cheap
>impulse buy.
>
>Ray
>--
>BOFH excuse #326:
>
>We need a licensed electrician to replace the light
>bulbs in the computer room.

First "Thanks", which you don't hear very often.

Second, it seems that this list is the best (best that I know of) available
intelligence about the state of hardware. Not as an OpenBSD user, but as a user
of most everything else. Anything that gives OpenBSD trouble, it's just a
matter of time before it gives me trouble where I care about it. I doubt that I
am alone, and most of us tend to keep our yaps shut.
I would love to have the information organized and digensted for me, hardware
compatibility lists make some attempt to do this, but the intelligence value
comes from reading betwen the lines and is based on human reaction and opinion.
Anything "organized" is too easily astroturfed.

My experience with OpenBSD is limited, however.
3Com NIC on NT Server suddenly decided to work very poorly. Best help I could
find was OpenBSD archives. Intel Pro NIC and problems went away. Actually did a
repeat performance.
Consensus seems to be
Peculiar Adaptec SCSI controller (I understand Adaptec used to make good
products) card would work with Linux only with SCSI BIOS disabled. Worked with
OpenBSD with BIOS enabled.
OpenBSD has an attitude, knows quite a bit about hardware, and is probably well
worthwhile listening to regardless of OS. There is of course much more that I
do not know than I do know, but in a few cases I do know enough that OpenBSD
and expecially Theo seems to have a knack for being dead accurate.

If security matters, OpenBSD "gets it".
If security matters, you do NOT get compromised machines at a nickle each.
If security does not matter, there are a number of stupidities which are very
ill advised.

[ ] Always trust OpenBSD.