On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:00:18AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:28:40 +1000, Christopher JS Vance wrote
> > The OpenBSD version of ghostscript doesn't include the driver you need.
> >
> > You could pay for
> >   a supported printer, or
> >   for somebody to port the CUPS-recommended ghostscript to OpenBSD,
> >  or  for somebody to include the driver in a special ghostscript for
> > you.
> >
> > Or you could do the work yourself.
> >
> > There are probably other alternatives which will come to mind...
> >
> > --
> > Christopher Vance
>
> Hi Christopher
>
> Thanks for you reply!
>
> I wonder why the OpenBSD Ghostscript port wasn't build upon the CUPS ESP
> version which include almost twice as many drivers. As far as I understand the
> ESP is just an extended version with more drivers.

not really.  for example, the build system is quite different.

the listing for this printer on linuxprinting.org also suggests other
drivers, like hpijs which is a port, or ghostscript lj4dith or ljet4,
both of which are in the GNU ghostscript port.  it also has
intructions for adding hl1250 support to GNU ghostscript.

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>