On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:36:27PM -0500, Josh Webb wrote:

> At this point, according to the man page, vpn(8), I should have a
> functioning vpn. However, when I try to ping from client1 to 192.168.3.1
> or to client2, or from client2 to 192.168.1.1 or to client 1, I receive:
>
> from client1:
> Reply from 192.168.1.1: Destination host unreachable.
>
> from client2:
> Reply from 192.168.3.1: Destination host unreachable.

are you sure that pinging client <-> client works even w/o the isakmpd
stuff running? you mentioned that the clients were windows xp
machines...

it sounds like it is working ok...if i recall, with that type of setup,
client to client ping should work (except you have xp machines and grief
only knows what should work with them), but gateway <-> gateway pings on
the type of setup described in vpn(8) will *not* work. something to do
with the way the networks see each other. look at your routing tables to
see why.

jmc