On 02/23/2011 08:59 AM, Ana Zgombic wrote:
>> > you mind to turn it on sometimes? What browser do you use (lynx,
>> > firefox, chromium, ...)?
> not much choice. firefox.

Regrettably, it is.

Firefox is now more about:

 * "users are too stupid to read"
 * "let's not have any buttons so user's don't click one they shouldn't"
 * "features confuse user, it's better to remove them/hide them".

The only plus side, is that standard-complaint browsers with market
share this way (a plus for web developers and standard-compliance).

I remember firefox sync used to have an encryption passphrase for
syncing data.  Now that's gone, and users are motivated to PRINT an
auto-generated one, because "they can't remember the one that they set",
and "printing it is the safest way to make sure they don't loose it".
Of course, if you CAN remember passphrases, you can't set your own any more.

This stuff is happening all the time with firefox, and I hope some
OpenBSD-like developers branch firefox some day.  "A browser for people
who can read" would be a great slogan.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera