On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Andy Bradford
<amb-open...@bradfords.org> wrote:
> Misc,
>
> After patching pcidevs (included below) I  was able to get the kernel to
> recognize a Radeon HD 4850, however, attempts to run something that uses
> GL result in the following errors:
>
> $ xlock -nolock -mode random -modelist allgl
> drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream.
See dmesg for more info.

> From dmesg:
>
> error: [drm:pid20952:r300_emit_carefully_checked_packet0] *ERROR* Register
4e4c failed check as flag=00
> error: [drm:pid20952:r300_do_cp_cmdbuf] *ERROR* r300_emit_packet0 failed
>
> I found a question about a similar card here:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=129338059513546&w=2
>
> The links seemed  to indicate that there were some  changes made to both
> Linux and FreeBSD,  and it would appear that those  changes have already
> been made to  OpenBSD as well. Is  there something else that  I might be
> missing? The card works fine, just no acceleration.
>
> Also, I tried without RADEON_IS_MOBILITY (this isn't a laptop, but maybe
> it actually  uses the same  code), but without  it, the system  locks up
> hard and is completely unresponsive with dead video signal.

Without this set, does it lock up every time or just sometimes?  I'm
experiencing intermittent lockups with my HD4870.  It seems to happen
more often when I've been in X, leave X, and then go back to X;
although this is just a half-assed theory.

> Is it going to be possible to get acceleration working with this? If so,
> any pointers?

+1

> Here is a complete dmesg:

<snip>