On Feb 28 08:11:14, OSN | Marian Fischer wrote:
> Am 27.02.2011 15:23, schrieb Jan Stary:
> >I have been using www.pcengines.ch/alix2c1.htm
> >as my home router for years. It is runnig current/i386.
> >
> >Now that I have bought me that Android, I also want wifi.
> >The ALIX has a MiniPCI slot. Can people recommend a MiniPCI
> >wifi card that works well for an AP, preferably tried in the ALIX?
> >
> >(I have read the recent threads considering obsd as an AP,
> >but haven't come to a conclusion about which card to use.)
> >
> >     Jan
> >
> hi,
>
> i tested some wifi MiniPCI cards together with an ALIX2xx board.
> The best choice for me was an athn chipset.
>
> athn0: AR9280 rev 2 (2T2R), ROM rev 21,
>
> Use 4.9 for ur AP. There are no more powersave problems anymore.
> Works well for me and tested with a couple of different WIFI clients.

Do you mean that the 4.9 athn driver can do power saving,
and the following (CAVEATS from the 4.8 manpage) no longer applies?

        Host AP mode doesn't support power saving.  Clients attempting
        to use power saving mode may experience significant packet
        loss (disabling power saving on the client will fix this).